Global household retail brand is looking to recruit a stand alone Tax Manager. Reports into GFC.
Your new company
This global household brand is currently looking to recruit a stand alone Tax Manager.
Your new role
Reporting into the Group FC your key responsibilities will include:
* Managing all aspects of Corporate Tax and VAT compliance including EC Sales List and Intrastat returns;
* Preparation of interim and year end Tax Provisions;
* Preparation of P11ds and PAYE Settlement Agreement returns;
* Dealing with HMRC enquiries in relation to VAT and National Minimum Wage;
* Lead and manage distance selling projects to ensure the group accounts for VAT in EU countries. Working with the IT department to ensure SAP systems are configured appropriately;
* Documenting and communicating to senior management historic tax & VAT exposures and setting out solutions to minimise historic liabilities;
* Ensuring senior management are kept up to date on tax issues affecting the business;
* Ownership of ongoing projects including exploring solutions for Making tax Digital and automating the VAT return process; working with IT to explore Research & Development claims; developing a risk assessment in line with the Corporate Criminal Offences.
What you'll need to succeed
It is likely that the individual will be either ACA / ACCA or CTA qualified. Applications will be considered from individuals that are currently in practice or working in-house. Given this is a stand alone role and will be the go to person for tax, the right type of softer skills are paramount.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.