Working with one of the largest global banks who are currently looking for a Mandarin speaking Tax Accountant based in London reporting directly to the Senior Tax Manager.
The purpose of the role is to enable the firm to fulfil its Tax compliance and reporting requirements as well as providing an opportunity to play a significant and on -going role in internal projects. The role will require assisting the Senior Tax Manager and influence other members of the Finance Team and other members from different functions (i.e Risk, Operation etc) to provide the required data to enable compliance with Tax related reporting requirements.
The ideal candidate will hold an accounting qualification and must be able to communicate fluently in Mandarin.
The Key Responsibilities will include:
* VAT - assist the STM in updates to the PESM, preparation of reports and support Accounts Payable team with any tax related queries.
* Assist the Senior Tax Manager in all aspects of corporation tax compliance for the Bank and the Branch (critical focus will be on ensuring that the underlying data and information required for monthly Corporate tax computations are complete, accurate and comply with the Tax legislation - e.g. Transfer Pricing; CATA calculations).
* Assist the Senior Tax Manager in the preparation, implementation, update and maintenance of all tax policy and procedure manuals of the firm.
* Assist in the completion of quarter-end and year-end business forecasting as requested by Head Office or management.
* Support the following key outputs for Finance :
* Quarterly reporting (to local senior management and Head Office) and Annual Report and Accounts for the banks entities
* Annual BEPS Country by Country Reporting
* Quarterly UK Payment Arrangement Calculations o Annual Budget Plan (3-year forecast)
* In conjunction with other business managers, ensure that adequate tax/accounting and other records and internal controls in the finance areas are maintained (particularly with ref to Tax Risk Management)
* Assist the Senior Tax Manager in maintaining a Tax Risk Register and ensure that any deficiencies in controls identified by Operational Risk (via the Risk Evaluations & Controls Assessment) is remediated in a timely manner.
* Liaise with the external auditors and assisting in preparing statutory and regulatory financial statements of the bank
* Along with Head of Finance, forge good working relationships with Head Office tax departments/colleagues and other overseas institutions along with the different departments in the firm.
Head Office Reporting Duties
* Assist and support Senior Accountant in preparing Head Office reporting in an accurate and timely manner, including but not be limited to capital adequacy, liquidity, large exposures and performance of CCB London.
* Work along with other colleagues in the Head Office reporting team to enhance the quality and efficiency of the production of all financial reporting of the CCB London as necessary.