A global engineering firm in Berkshire are looking for a VAT Accountant on a 3 month FTC to cover a long-term sick leave. As the business had planned to hire into VAT for Q3, there is a very strong possibility that this role will be made permanent after the initial 3-month period (if the successful candidate so wishes).
You will be reporting into a well-known VAT Director who has a strong, proven history of developing his team’s skillsets and knowledge. The team is close-knit and supportive, with regular collaboration. This role is paying up to £50,000 on the basic.
- Managing VAT compliance in-line with current and future legislation
- Identifying group VAT risk and offering solutions or raising the issue to the VAT Director
- Preparation and processing of VAT registrations and EC Sales lists
- An understanding of UK VAT is essential with a background in either VAT or accounting (with VAT compliance responsibilities)
- A qualification or working towards one would be beneficial but is also something that will be supported for the permanent position
- Personable and good communication skills are essential to make a success of this role