Vacancy for a motivated Tax Advisory Manager in a Top 20 firm offering a competitive salary + benefits
Your new company
With over 80 partners and over 600 staff, the firm is recognised as a private client advisory leader, specialising in providing advice to individuals, their families, businesses and wider interests across a varied portfolio of clients. These include: private wealth; owner-managed businesses; landed estates and rural businesses; sports and entertainment; not-for-profit organisations; corporate finance and professional firms and consulting businesses.
Their style is personal, client-centred and partner-led. Staff and partners alike demonstrate our shared values of Excellence and Integrity in all that we do and being Enthusiastic and Collegiate in the way that we do it. They have been awarded the Investors in People silver accreditation in 2018 and named as one of 'Britain's Top Employers' for the 16th consecutive year.
Your new role
The London tax department is currently organised into five direct tax teams: one corporate tax team, three personal tax teams and a tax advisory team.
A tax manager is being sought to join and complement the current tax advisory team and support the firm's property related tax work. The role would include providing support to the specialist SDLT Partner in the London tax team but would also include involvement in wider direct or indirect taxation advice, depending on the individual's experience. The candidate would join a team comprising Directors, Senior Managers and Managers and would have access to support staff.
What you'll need to succeed
You must have strong technical skills in SDLT and other property taxes. In particular you have experience of SDLT implications of corporate restructuring, partnerships, exchanges of property and the application of the 3% HRAD.
Wider advisory experience including capital allowances, VAT, or direct tax advisory work will be helpful. You should therefore have experience in dealing with one-off special assignments, report writing and advising on complicated tax technical areas.
In addition, the candidate must have confidence in dealing with partners and clients, good organisation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work under pressure in a friendly environment. The normal prerequisites, i.e. being motivated, committed and flexible with the ability to meet deadlines are essential, as is the ability to be a natural team player, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
What you'll get in return
* A dynamic and varied workload and excellent prospects for progression
* Competitive salary in line with qualifications and experience
* Eligibility for manager's discretionary bonus scheme
* Interest free season ticket loan on completion of probationary period
* 25 days annual leave rising to 26 after five years' service at manager or senior manager level. In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days holiday a year, subject to partner approval
* Company car on a salary sacrifice basis
* Group life cover of three times salary, which you may increase to four times salary under the flexible benefits programme
* Contributory pension scheme (the firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employees after six months service)
* Salary review annually in October
* Six-month probationary period
* Eligibility for the firm's private medical insurance scheme upon completion of probationary period
* Eligibility for the firm's Profit Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm
* Access to a number of other benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefits programme, which include; health screening/GP support, critical illness cover and private medical insurance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.