A Property and Real Estate Group seeks an interim Tax Manager: offering up to £400 per day.
Your new company is a Real Estate and Property Group based in Central London. After several strategic acquisitions the company's portfolio has grown exponentially and has recently reached a value of £4 billion and continues to grow. Given the vast expansion of the company there is an opportunity for an interim Tax Manager to support the Head of Tax and Senior Tax Manager in providing a broad range of tax advice to the group, creating an effective in-house tax advisory and compliance function.
Given the companies rapid growth, the changing tax landscape and small tax team, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of tasks and develop a broad skill set.
* Preparation of approximately 30 NRL returns (from next April) - managing external advisors in the interim
* Preparation of approximately 50 corporation tax returns (from next April - managing external advisors in the interim
* Preparation of 2 partnership returns (from next April) - managing advisors in the interim
* Preparation of statutory accounts tax notes for all entities (from next April), including 2 main consolidations, managing external advisors in the interim.
* Management of HMRC correspondence and online account including registration for corporation tax for NRLS from next April.
* Responding to HMRC on 2x partnership, 5x corporation tax, 2x NRL and 2x PAYE enquiries working with accounting team, payroll manager, and external advisors as necessary. Maintaining control over non-VAT elements of tax disputes register.
* Manage capital allowances claims, working with external advisors 8. Corporate interest calculations (from next April) - managing external advisors in the interim.
* Pay relevant tax amounts to HMRC working with treasury, accounting as necessary.
* Senior accounting Officer monitoring and disclosure to HMRC .
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
* CTA/ACA qualified
* Real Estate transaction experience
* Wider real estate tax experience
* Experience of tax forecasting
* A high degree of computer literacy with strong excel skills in particular.
Most important is attitude. The ideal candidate should demonstrate :
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment that moves at an incredibly fast pace;
* Keen to roll sleeves up and crunch data;
* Attention to detail;
* Logical/ reasoned approach to problem solving;
* Ability to build relationships quickly;
This role will pay up to £400 per day dependant on experience.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Tasha de Keyser. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.