Owing to an ongoing period of growth and success, we're currently looking for an experienced Senior Manager for the Employment Tax team of a Big 4 firm in their London HQ, working primarily on a varied portfolio of clients ranging from listed FTSE250 giants to burgeoning tech start-ups. The firm owes many of its recent client wins to its willingness to invest in and embrace new technology, and those looking to work in a more tech-forward and innovative Employment Tax environment will not be disappointed here.
As the team continues to grow, you'll play a vital role in the firm's leadership team as you advance your career, taking an active involvement in driving business new and old for the team. Technical tax work in the London Tax practice has a focus on high-level advisory projects and the successful candidate will be able to assume early responsibility of these projects.
Progression opportunities are near-unbeatable, with a pathway to Director for the right candidate, and Partner potential on top. We are also able to consider candidates working at the Manager level looking to move up into the role.
On the perks side, you'll benefit from a competitive salary and a market-leading benefits package, including private medical care and health insurance, Enhanced Pay up to 18 weeks for new parents, free lunches and your birthday off - plus a whole host of flexible benefits including the ability to buy up to 10 days of additional holiday (in addition to 25 days leave plus bank/public holidays and your birthday), season ticket loans, and childcare vouchers, among other things. Senior Managers are also eligible for a yearly car/cash allowance equivalent to £5,500. As a cherry on the top, the team has a recent history of consistent bonus payouts between 10-20% of salary.
Flexible working is not only a benefit but the norm here, with agile starts and finishes as the standard, plus office-wide early finishes on Fridays in the Summer. Above all else, this is a firm renowned for its culture; if working in a supportive environment with a dynamic Partner/Director group that will encourage and empower you sounds like a good idea, then this could be for you.
Responsibilities will include:
● Leading projects across pay, benefits and expenses including PAYE health checks, SAO certification, voluntary disclosures, PAYE settlement agreements, end-to-end payroll process reviews, payroll change projects, National Minimum Wage investigations and Gender Pay Gap reporting
● Managing the delivery of employment tax advice relating to employment status reviews, termination payments, salary sacrifice and due diligence
● Leading on a range of business development and marketing activities, both internal and external, including identifying and winning new work opportunities
● Leading, coaching and developing junior staff
● Leading on negotiations and other interactions with external bodies including HMRC
All we need from you is:
● An ATT / CTA / ACA qualification or equivalent
● A minimum of 7 years experience working in UK employment tax, at least 2 of which has been spent at the Manager level
● Extensive Employment Tax experience including market/client knowledge
Please note we cannot consider applicants without UK tax experience.
For more information, apply now or contact Joe McWilliam at Wilkinson Partners.