Qubic is a national group of tax and estate specialists, with offices in London (the Gherkin) and the North (Newcastle), which provide tax and estate planning advice to a range of owner managed business clients across the UK.
For over 12 years we have employed the services of a range of experts including accountants, solicitors, tax advisers, and ex-HMRC Tax Inspectors. Our staff are recognised by a number of professional bodies as a result, and we are accredited with the Investors in People Gold Award.
Qubic does not provide compliance, audit or general accountancy work which allows us to partner with existing advisers. Our focus is on specialised tax advice and structuring, tax investigation & dispute resolution, with an array of trustee services.
Job Title: Trusts & Tax Associate
Job location: City of London
Qubic are looking to recruit a Trusts & Tax Associate in their City of London office to assist with in the provision of specialist advice on Private Client focussed matters including Trusts & IHT compliance and planning.
Introduction to the role:
Working closely with the Director of Trusts & Estates as an Associate your role will include:
• Assisting the Director of Trusts and Estates in growing and developing an ambitious, respected and commercial trust practice.
• Maintain and develop existing relationships with clients and assist in developing new relationships with clients and their advisors.
• Assisting the Director of Trusts and Estates in managing private client matters, with a particular focus on trusts.
• Administration of trusts and estates (including tax compliance, accounts preparation and record keeping).
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will be seeking a role in which they can build upon existing experience gained in a recent Trust or Tax role and be able to demonstrate:
• Strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
• The ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external contacts
• The ability to understand and relay complex technical concepts
• The commitment to deliver excellent client service
• The ability to show initiative and highlight issues as they arise
• Ability to work as both part of a team and independently prioritise workload, to ensure both personal and team deadlines are met
• Self-motivation and a strong personal drive and desire to succeed
• Ideally a professional qualification i.e. ATT/CTA/STEP or ACA/ACCA