This is a house-hold name Fortune 500 company in the defense industry, with revenues in excess of $90 billion. With commercial operations in all continents and over 100,000 employees, this organisation has an unrivalled reputation in its field for innovation. Delivering a range of products and solutions to people and clients across a variety of sectors.
Based in Amsterdam, as Tax Manager, you will report directly to the International Tax Director as part of a small commercial team. Your principle responsibility will be to manage European corporate tax compliance of complex entities and support with the quarterly tax reporting for the Group. You will have your own portfolio of EU jurisdictions to manage in this regard as well as supporting the wider team with others, Beyond this, you will also have the opportunity to assist with VAT and transfer pricing compliance processes. The final key element of this position will be to support on a wide variety of tax projects involving, transfer pricing, R&D, M&A, planning initiatives and process automation.
The role demands strong all round tax technical knowledge and a flexible, ambitious approach. You will regularly liaise with Group members overseas both in and outside of tax so it demands and out-going commercial attitude. In return for your commitment to high quality you will be rewarded with a broad, autonomous, commercially engaged international tax role in one of the worlds largest companies.
Corporate Tax Compliance and Tax Reporting:
• Review and light prep support of corporate tax returns for UK and European subsidiaries and branches as prepared externally working directly with finance functions throughout Europe
• Support to the finance teams with any queries raised during the preparation and review process
• Preparation of quarterly tax provision accounting entries for UK and European entities
Indirect Tax (no previous experience required)
• Assist with implementation of global VAT automation project
• Preparation of monthly VAT returns and EC Sales Listings for non-resident companies and UK entities
• Assist with corporate income tax instalments and VAT payments for UK and European entities
• Assist with the management of the indirect tax compliance for UK and European entities and review of returns prepared externally
• Draft technical advice to be provided to the Finance teams of nominated entities globally in relation to corporate income tax and VAT
• Assisting Global Trade functions in the administration of Intrastat reporting throughout Europe
• Assist with the development and implementation of effective indirect tax risk management controls in line with tax risk policies
• Support Group project to improve and enhance global VAT and indirect tax reporting systems and processes, operating as part of a multinational team
• Assist with management of transfer pricing declarations for UK and European entities reviewing support provided by finance teams and documentation prepared by external tax advisors
• Draft technical advice to be provided to the Finance teams of nominated entities globally in relation transfer pricing
Other advisory and project work:
• Research and draft technical advice to be provided to the Finance teams of the nominated entities in relation to relevant other taxes such as; expatriate and employment tax issues
• Assisting Global Mobility and global Finance functions in compliance of expatriate and inpatriate Group employees
• Attend and often lead tax discussions with the Finance teams of EU entities as appropriate
• Setting up training sessions for the UK Tax Team as appropriate.
• Assist with reviews and audits by HMRC, other tax authorities within Europe
• Deal with ad-hoc queries raised by finance teams throughout Europe. Assistance with other ad-hoc group tax issues and advice including group transactions and M&A
• Tax Qualified (ACA/CTA qualified or equivalent)
• Strong tax accounting skills
• EU Tax experience an advantage
• Exposure to VAT compliance and advantage but not a pre-requisite
• Ability to articulate tax technical issues in plain speak
• Stakeholder management skills
• Appetite to learn
• Competitive base salary
• Discretionary bonus
• Defined pension contribution
• Broad commercial role
For a confidential discussion and more information contact Rebecca Sheehan directly.