Accountant job with established chartered firm in Attleborough. Free parking, competitive salary & progression
Hays is recruiting for a progressive firm of Chartered Accountants, Tax Specialists and Business Advisers. The firm is currently looking for a talented Portfolio Holder / Assistant Manager to join their team in Attleborough.
The role will include looking after an Accounts and Tax (personal and corporation tax) portfolio and duties will include.
* Reviewing statutory accounts;
* Speaking to clients regarding any queries, and preparing the file ready for the Partner to meet with the client;
* Finalising the statutory accounts and submitting to Companies House;
* Reviewing quarterly VAT returns and management accounts and liaising with Trainees and Assistants regarding the submission;
* Reviewing corporation tax returns to include submitting these to HM Revenue & Customs;
* Personal tax return work required mainly in relation to Partners / Directors;
* Quoting on fees, raising the fees on the portfolio, as well as managing your work in progress;
* Responsible for the day to day management of clients, this includes dealing with client queries (which may be by telephone, email or in person) and assisting the Partner in future planning and queries as requested.
As a Portfolio Holder / Assistant Manager, you will also be working with Trainees and Assistants to support their workload and ongoing practical training. This includes liaising with other Managers / Assistant Managers within the office, to ensure deadlines are met. Whilst previous experience of managing a client portfolio would be advantageous, the role would also suit someone who is looking to progress and take on a portfolio. Mentoring from a Manager is available for the right candidate. Experience in managing tasks and reviewing trainees' and assistants' work would be essential.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package and for the right candidate there may be an opportunity for further training and qualifications.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please contact Cara Whyte or click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.