Global bank looking to recruit a Tax & Head Office Reporting Accountant. Based in the City.
Your new company
Due to continued growth and the on-going pursuit of specialist roles within the team, the Head of Tax for this global bank is now looking to recruit a Tax and Head Office Reporting Accountant.
This role plays a key role in enabling the banks London operations to fulfil its Tax compliance and Head Office reporting requirements and also have an opportunity to play a significant and on-going role in internal projects.
Working in a well-established team, the role holder's responsibilities will include production of monthly, quarterly, and annual VAT returns (NB: monthly is internal VAT reconciliations/calculations) and preparation/review of corporation tax returns and calculation of monthly tax provisions.
The role holder will also be responsible for reporting financial information (unrelated to tax) to Head Office in a timely, accurate & efficient manner. The role holder will therefore work closely with the Senior Tax Manager and Senior Accountant who's responsible for HO reports. The role holder will work closely with and influence other members of the Finance Team and other members from different functions (Risk, Operations etc.) to provide the required data to enable compliance with Tax & Head Office related reporting requirements.
* VAT - assist the STM in updates to the PESM, preparation of reports and support Accounts Payable team with any tax related queries.
* Assist the Senior Tax Manager in all aspects of corporation tax compliance for both the group and the Branch (critical focus will be on ensuring that the underlying data and information required for monthly Corporate tax computations are complete, accurate and comply with the Tax legislation - e.g. Transfer Pricing; CATA calculations).
* Assist the Senior Tax Manager in the preparation, implementation, update and maintenance of all tax policy and procedure manuals of the London branch.
* Assist in the completion of quarter-end and year-end business forecasting as requested by Head Office or management.
* Support the following key outputs for Finance.
* Quarterly reporting (to local senior management and Head Office) and Annual Report and Accounts for the branch entities.
* Annual BEPS Country by Country Reporting.
* Quarterly UK Payment Arrangement Calculations.
* Annual Budget Plan (3-year forecast).
* In conjunction with other business managers, ensure that adequate tax/accounting and other records and internal controls in the finance areas are maintained (particularly with ref to Tax Risk Management).
* Assist the Senior Tax Manager in maintaining a Tax Risk Register and ensure that any deficiencies in controls identified by Operational Risk (via the Risk Evaluations & Controls Assessment) is remediated in a timely manner.
Head Office Reporting Duties:
* Assist and support Senior Accountant in preparing Head Office reporting in an accurate and timely manner, including but not be limited to capital adequacy, liquidity, large exposures and performance of the London branch.
* Work along with other colleagues in the Head Office reporting team to enhance the quality and efficiency of the production of all financial reporting of the London branch as necessary.
* Work along with Senior Accountant in preparing interim and annual audit pack as required by HO in an accurate and timely manner.
* Assist the Senior Accountant in delivering automation system enhancement projects if necessary.
Your new role
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* Professional qualification in accounting/finance discipline.
* Experience working at a similar level, within accounting, banking or auditing fields, preferably in the financial services sector.
* Highly competent in producing written reports.
* A strong knowledge of tax accounting, IFRS accounting standards and theory, and financial reporting principles.
* Good working Knowledge of UK taxation requirements - direct and indirect taxes.
* Good language skills of written and spoken English and Mandarin (essential).
* Proficiency for making financial evaluations and judgements and an ability to present recommendations, both oral and written.
* Excellent IT skills including MMS office and Excel.