Global Insurance business is looking to recruit an Tax Accountant (Employment Taxes. Based in the City
Your new role
Due to expansion within the UK Employment Tax team, this global insurance business is looking to recruit a Tax Accountant to assist the Tax Manager with UK payroll and Employment Taxes. The individual will provide tax expertise and operational assistance. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and ambitious Tax Accountant, looking to develop their skills and further their career in the long term.
* Works with the UK Employment Tax Manager to help provide advice to Payroll/HR on UK employment tax issues, share schemes and other fringe benefit questions.
* Prepares certain aspects of the payroll reporting.
* Assists with employment tax issues/audits.
* Interact with key suppliers and review data for quarterly completion of P46(Car) for communication of tax code adjustment for company car / salary sacrifice car drivers and P11D reporting
* Quarterly analysis of data central global travel provider data for preparation of Short Term Business Visitor Return (STBV) and annual Appendix 4 and Modified scheme and Regulation 141 HMRC settlement.
* Ad-hoc support and advise to business such as short term employee foreign assignments, taxation of employee benefits, payroll related items, terminations, IR35, integration from M&A etc.
* Quarterly analysis of T&E data and other source data from various internal providers for preparation for annual PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA) for HMRC settlement including liaising with controllership for accrual, focus on automation
* Quarterly analysis of T&E data for preparation Ordinary commuting calculation and communicating to Employment Tax Manager of key individuals for ongoing monitoring and future communication to the business for remedial action as required
* Co-ordination and lead advisor to UK Payroll and the groups Global Compensation of LTIP compensation for verification of reconciliation for annual Non Approved Share Scheme reporting
* Co-ordinate with external providers to ensure provision of key data and review of Approved Share Scheme Returns (SAYE & SIP) and CSOP
* To assist the wider UK Tax functions as an additional resource on ad-hoc project giving opportunity for career development.
What you'll need to succeed
* 3+ years of experience dealing with UK employment taxes with HMRC, in a firm or in-house for a company.
* Newly or part qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
* Knowledge of the UK rules related to PAYE, share schemes, payroll, NI, etc.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Good excel skills.
* Ability to work independently on several projects at once.
* Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to challenge with diplomacy.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work in a first rate, global organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.