A not-for-profit organisation with an emphasis on work-life balance and flexible working is looking to hire a Senior Tax Policy Advisor from one of the Top 6 accounting firms.
The role is based in the company's London office and involves a great deal of exposure to senior business leaders, CEOs and senior government officials.
The successful candidate will:
• Lead the company’s policy on the overall UK tax system, including corporation tax; employment tax and the administration of tax.
• Lead a pro-active project on the tax system in a modern economy.
• Co-ordinate and draft consultation responses to relevant UK government consultations on tax.
• Provide a constructive and effective voice for business in the public tax debate.
• Manage senior stakeholder relations with HMRC, HMT and professional bodies amongst others.
What makes a successful candidate?
• Tax knowledge developed as a result of working in industry, practice or policy environment (3+ years).
• Keen interest in tax and economic policy with an awareness of politics and government.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and reach mutual agreement with others.
• Ability to work autonomously and manage project work streams.
• Ideally, ACA/ACCA/CTA/ATT qualified.
If the above role sounds of interest, please apply direct via e-tax below and one of our consultants will be in touch with further details.