Within this role, you will provide support on a wide range of international reporting, forecasting, transfer pricing and UK compliance work, and gain exposure to the global functions of a large multinational organisation. You will also play an essential role in implementing initiatives that support the group's tax reporting strategy.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Reviewing computations and statutory accounts disclosures as prepared by the Big 4
* Ensuring computations are accurate and prepared on a timely basis. Research and documentation of technical issues to provide robust support.
* Reviewing of accounting transactions arising in the year
* Reviewing of statutory accounts disclosures, including reconciliation of the current and deferred tax accounts (group tax consolidation), HFM (group accounting consolidation) and resolving queries with external auditors.
* Working with transfer pricing and international tax teams to ensure the TP and CFC position is documented appropriately in the UK tax computations.
* Reviewing tax accounting processes and preparing documentation.
* Providing technical support on HMRC enquiries, ad hoc correspondence and relationship management.
* Preparation of the UK corporate interest restrictions and UK Patent box deduction.
* Working with external providers to prepare the RDEC and RDA's claims;
* Preparation of form CT61 for UK withholding tax;
* Review UK legislation updates and assess impact on the business.
* Review and feedback on quarterly reporting submission from UK and international businesses.
* Preparation of current / deferred tax disclosures and audit deliverables.
* Assist with Group effective tax rate forecasting.
* Assisting with Country by Country reporting
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate strong accounting skills, to ensure that tax consequences are presented accurately.