Exciting opportunity for an accomplished Assistant Manager to be at the forefront of a fledgling expatriate tax service line, working closely with and supporting the head of team. You will very much be a two man band initially, servicing the existing client base and building further income streams, although you will have access to a pool of more junior staff on occasion. This is a rare chance for you to showcase your expatriate tax skills with such visibility in a large accountancy firm. This will put you in a fantastic position for career progression as the team further builds on its success.
The head of team has already made great strides in building the business and now needs a number 2 who is already well versed and confident in all the basics of expatriate tax compliance without too much hand holding. Any advisory experience would be welcome, but is not essential as full training will be given when dealing with more complex projects.
The role includes:
• Managing the team’s expatriate clients and being the first point of contact for the client and HMRC on compliance issues.
• Conducting arrival and departure meetings with new assignees.
• Preparing and/or reviewing expatriate tax returns and dealing with any queries arising.
• Advisory and project support to the head of team.
• Spotting potential new business opportunities on the client portfolio and informing the head of team.
• Managing the billing process.
• ATT (or qualified by experience).
• Minimum 3-4 years’ UK expatriate tax experience.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to build rapport and develop strong relationships.
• Takes pride in the quality of their work.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Roll your sleeves up attitude and mentally invest in the success of the service line.
• Commercial awareness and drive.
The expatriate team is fully supported by the wider partnership who foster a friendly and collegiate atmosphere and an agile working space.
Interested? Contact Sharon Furbank for a confidential chat about the role.