The Firm audits 2 of the 5 licensed domestic retail banks, 6 of the top 9 life assurance companies, 4 of the top 10 non-life insurance companies and the largest global owner/lessor of commercial aircraft in Ireland. The Banking & Insurance industries face huge challenges from changing regulation and reporting requirements. Our core audit teams work alongside highly skilled specialists including Treasury, Actuarial, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Aviation Finance, Pensions and Regulatory teams. They have also established themselves as the leading Irish firm providing services to support many of the Aviation Finance companies that make Ireland Europe's leading aircraft leasing location. More than 50% of the world’s commercial aircraft are owned by Irish companies.
The Banking, Insurance & Aviation Finance client base provides great opportunities to work on interesting and topical areas to develop your understanding of the key issues facing these industries. This broad base provides varied and rewarding career opportunities. Most of their clients are based in Dublin, typically near the city centre or within the IFSC.
What’s in it for you?
• Diverse Working Environment
• Health Insurance Plan
• Pension Plan
• A competitive annual leave package
• Sports and social clubs
• A commitment to work life balance
• Flexible working arrangements including working from home flexibility.
• Relocation and Visa service assistance where applicable
We are keen to hear from candidates with the following:
• Excellent knowledge of accounting and auditing, preferably obtained in a "Top 10” environment;
• qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or similar qualification) with at least 4 year post qualification ;
• strong technical knowledge;
• worked with a diverse portfolio of clients;
• capable of working on your own initiative;
• ambitious and want to pursue a career in practice; and
• strong interpersonal skills are essential.
As a Director, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Proactively lead the practise by setting strategy, drive the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplines
Building strong networks within the firm to spot and capitalise on opportunities to get involved in projects that others are leading across a number of different business units and sectors
Identifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities
Responsibility for a majority of day to day client communications
Responsibility to shape and deliver various projects that exceed the expectations of our clients and our own assignment quality criteria
Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
Responsibility for management of engagement financials
Helping to grow and develop our team through hands on training and coaching