My client are a multinational investment management firm headquartered in the heart of London.
The role involves working within a team of c20 corporate tax specialists. Within the team there is an interesting and constantly changing mix of work. Time is spent on usual business activities, variety of ad hoc projects, implementation of new tax, regulatory or accounting standards. The overall team comprises of high performing tax professionals working to support the Head of the team on the delivery of their responsibilities. There is an extensive range of training available and employees are encouraged to work dynamically in order to be most effective in their roles. This therefore offers flexibility for work/life balance.
Key responsibilities include;
- Review and sign off of corporation tax returns which have been prepared by an outsourced service provider.
- Working with more senior members with technical analysis and calculations.
- Assisting with analysis relating to developments in UK tax legislation, ensuring the impact on the group is fully understood.
- Assistance with corporation tax forecasting processes.
- Stakeholder management with colleagues in UK Tax and Finance, as well as management of outsourced service providers to ensure relevant deadlines are met.
Key requirements include;
- ACA/CTA (or equiv) or a qualified solicitor.
- Ability to work in a large team and to interact with other teams outside Tax.
- Ability to undertake tax analysis and prepare tax working covering range of UK tax technical areas.
- Ability to drive improvements in processes.
- Knowledge of One Source is preferable.