Your new company
My client is a fast growing, dynamic business with market leading positions across various service lines including funds, corporate and private clients, and banking and credit management services.
Your new role
In short the business is looking for an enthusiastic and results driven finance professional to manage VAT process and filings for UK, Ireland, Luxembourg, Germany, Netherlands and Italy (EMEA) for the Business Units of the group and to provide VAT advice and training. Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager - EMEA you will be responsible for ensuring that the VAT services delivered to Business Units are complete and accurate and on a timely basis.
* Manage the preparation of UK and Ireland VAT returns and payments, supporting work papers and VAT accounting on an accurate and timely basis.
* Coordinate and review the VAT returns for Luxembourg, Germany, Netherlands and Italy with local finance teams.
* Assist with implementation, training and roll out of new GITC VAT software tool to enable digital filing of VAT return to comply with Making Tax Digital, firstly in UK then Ireland, Map processes and identify areas for improvements.
* Review and identify improvements to processes around invoicing, supplier procurement and expense management.
* Working with finance and management accounting to ensure a compliant and optimal set-up of business operations for the purposes of preparing VAT returns.
* Run VAT training workshops for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams and act as principal counsel on all VAT related billing queries including coding, rate changes, place of supply, reverse charge.
* Assist with SAO monitoring and certification process in relation to VAT and maintain indirect tax accounting policies and procedures
* Assisting with developing good working relationship with HMRC and dealing with correspondence and issues arising from Business Risk Review with the objective of maintaining low risk status in relation to VAT
* Monitor VAT taxation developments to ensure Group complies with all legislative requirements.
* Ensure VAT balances in general ledger are accounted for correctly and fully reconciled on a quarterly basis.
* Coordinate external advisers to manage all applicable VAT claims and related queries.
What you'll need to succeed
* Accounting, tax and finance experience essential (minimum 5 years)
* Profession tax or accounting qualification
* Excellent knowledge of VAT legislation and VAT accounting
* Understanding of ERPlnor other similar Accounting system
* Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
What you'll get in return
The business recognises the importance of supporting and developing their people. They listen to colleagues, train teams and invest in great working environments. Add to that a culture that champions respect and integrity, a diverse and inclusive colleague base and a commitment to positively influencing the communities they work with and you'll get a flavour of life within the group.