Our client, a well-renowned International Brand is seeking to appoint a UK Tax Manager on a permanent basis. Reporting into the International Tax Manager this role would best suit someone with a solid tax accounting, compliance and advisory background.
* All UK corporation tax (Compliance matters, including reviewing UK corporation tax returns to a high standard, documenting and resolving tax technical queries, quarterly instalment payment, group payment arrangement, reconciliation to HMRC portal on payment/refunds, and dealing with HMRC CT audits
* UK tax provisioning, reporting and statutory disclosure, monitoring UK tax balances, automating tax provisioning for all UK entities
* Group tax reporting, monitoring group effective tax rate and maintaining an overview of the group tax affairs in the UK and overseas
* Assist with UK advisory projects and monitor UK legislative changes. This includes overseeing the rationalisation of intercompany loans, legal entity reductions, and assisting with UK employment taxes related advisory matters if required.
* Maintain an overview of the capex expenditure and disposals in the UK, undertaking capital allowances studies and reviewing external advice if required
* Assist with the design and implementation of group tax governance related initiatives
* Strong technical knowledge (UK Tax, UK GAAP essential, International tax principles);
* Strong knowledge of AlphaTax
* Strong communication skills - written & verbal.
* Strong personal management skills, ability to organise self and liaise effectively with staff
* Ability to self-motivate, and requires minimal supervision from management
* Ability to manage multiple work streams and meet deadlines when required
* Good attention to detail