New Financial Accountant / Tax role, Coventry CV1, Salary up to £40,000 plus benefits, apply now!
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are proud to be working on behalf of this Coventry based large SME, to recruit a Financial Accountant. Based in the Coventry office, reporting to the Head of Consolidation and Reporting, you will support on all financial accounting and external reporting activities and takes control of all tax compliance procedures.
Your new role
The duties will include:
* Working closely with the management accounts team to prepare monthly and annual consolidated schedules for the month-end pack and submissions to external parties.
* Ensure monthly accounts are accurate for interest, tax, group management fees and other non-operating items.
* Preparing and submitting both the UK group VAT return and all foreign VAT/Tax returns.
* Acting as the main contact for HMRC, and other relevant tax authorities and tax advisors.
* Support on overseas and group audit, collaborating with group auditors to ensure efficient year-end audit and compliance with all relevant accounting standards and regulations.
* Providing cover for the Group payroll, which is out-sourced to a payroll bureau, overseeing the completeness and accuracy of the payroll.
* Monitoring changes to tax laws and regulations which will have an impact on the business, communicating those changes to the business and proposing an action plan to achieve compliance.
* Dealing with business and customer queries, responding at an appropriate level to ensure the answer can be understood.
* Collating information for tax advisors to prepare the Corporation Tax calculations.
What you'll need to succeed
* An understanding of how all areas of the Finance Department work and interact.
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to summarise complex technical requirements and relate it specifically to the business. Also, the ability to communicate at an appropriate level so that non-Finance staff and customers can understand.
* Prior knowledge of the basics of VAT is essential.
* Previous knowledge of Payroll and/or Corporation Tax would be an advantage.
* Solution-orientated with a proactive "can do" attitude, working with a sense of pace and urgency, when required. Also, a willingness to delve into the detail to ensure that the source of any issues is identified and tackled rather than just dealing with the symptoms.
* Team Player - Although you will have clearly assigned responsibilities it is important that you view yourself as part of the Financial Accounts team and the wider Finance team to both give and accept help when required.
* Flexibility - This is a fast-paced environment where the workload fluctuates through the year so you must be able to vary your approach to ensure that you achieve the required results.
* Prioritisation - The role involves meeting a number of statutory deadlines so it is essential that you can appropriately prioritise work.
* Compliance - Conforms to company policies and procedures and ensures that others do the same.
* Close to qualification with one of the 3 main accountancy bodies and looking to complete studies, or fully qualified.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of up to £40,000 based on a flexible working 37.5 hour week, free on site parking and on site facilities, plus the fantastic opportunity to grow within the business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Sophie Evans at Hays. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.