This is a really exciting opportunity for an individual to work with some amazing clients in a thriving well established accountancy practice.
If you are looking for a change but still want a challenge, great career opportunities, and an active social scene, then working with our client could be the right career move for you. Their employees all have a part to play in the success of the firm and they are committed to offering a friendly working environment, where new ideas are encouraged and using your initiative is second nature.
Our clients Tax team are now looking to recruit an Associate Director to join their highly successful team based in Cheltenham.
This position will be one of the leaders of a team in an important growth area for the business and will have the responsibility for delivering an exceptional service.
* Build and maintain tax relationships with corporate clients and provide high level of client service, with a focus on Owner Managed Business clients.
* Manage a client portfolio providing both corporate tax compliance and planning advice
* Support tax partners on many and varied advisory projects including mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and complex investigations
* Undertake tax due diligence exercises in conjunction with the firm's transaction support team.
* Manage the successful delivery of tax service, ensuring technical excellence and a commercial approach.
* Assisting with the management of the tax team workload and personnel.
* Effectively manage, motivate, mentor and develop a team of qualified, part qualified and trainees through coaching and supervising.
* Create a vibrant working environment, where individual talent can thrive, within a dynamic team framework, where all work towards a common objective.
* Review and appraise internal working practices, identifying areas where efficiency improvements can be made.
Key Skills and Qualifications
* CTA and ACCA/ACA qualified
* Experience of working in a corporate tax team
* Client driven and commercially aware
* Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation of staff
* Excellent communicator in a range of situations both verbally and in writing
* Ability to thrive in a pressurised environment and deal with tight deadlines
* Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
Cheltenham is an area of outstanding natural beauty and with its regency buildings and festivals throughout the year it really is the cultural centre for the Cotswolds.
Great benefits for everyone including:
* Competitive holiday allowance plus the option to purchase additional holiday
* Group Personal Pension Scheme, with matched employer contributions of up to 5% of gross salary
* Life assurance
* Referral bonus scheme
* Training programmes over and above professional qualifications, to help your career progression
* Discounted gym memberships, lifestyle benefits plus health and wellbeing events
* Organised social events, including Christmas and Summer parties and regular charity events