VAT and Controls Indirect Tax Senior Associated required by Top 4 Firm in Birmingham
Your new company
A top 4 Accountancy Firm in Birmingham is recruiting for a Risk and Controls Indirect Tax Senior Associate to join their Midlands Tax Consulting Team. This Firm is one of the leading providers of services to clients across the Midlands and support some of the most successful organisations on the globe, along with its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses.
Your new role
As the Process Risk and Controls Indirect Tax Senior Associate you will be working alongside senior and junior members of the team you will be responsible for managing and delivering work on clients and projects across various areas of VAT and other indirect taxes. You will have a portfolio of clients that will require proactive management in terms of advancing work and opportunities, creating opportunities with these clients across the wider firm's client teams and developing new business. The successful Senior Associate will be working with a variety of clients from OMB through to multinational groups. Dealing with standalone VAT liability queries, supporting clients in enquiries and disputes with HMRC, claims and litigation projects, indirect tax processes and controls and supporting clients on changes in law and case law.
Key Duties include:-
* Delegating to and managing junior members of the team.
* Researching technical questions and issues.
* Building relationships with wider teams within the firm, including various technology and risk & process teams, and working alongside them on projects.
* Proactively driving work and opportunities on clients forward.
* Considering the impact of law and case law changes on client portfolio.
* Working alongside others in the team to deliver written advice to clients.
* Communicating with clients to support them on indirect tax queries, issues and in their interaction with HMRC.
* Keeping up to date with indirect tax legislation and practical changes, particularly in relation to the governance, risk and process obligations.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful Tax Senior Associate will have experience in systems, processes and controls as with the ever- increasing focus on governance, risk and process in VAT as a transactional tax, this Firm see an opportunity for the successful candidate developing a key and sought-after specialism. The Firm will give full support and training on indirect tax as you will be working alongside senior members of the team and gain "on the job" tax knowledge, delivering work on clients and projects across various areas of VAT and other indirect taxes with a particular focus on technology, processes and controls.
What you'll get in return
This role provides the successful candidate with an unparalleled opportunity to build on technology and process experience alongside developing global VAT technical skills. The role will come with the experience of working on complex and challenging assignments and the chance to build relationships across the global firm and with clients.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.