A global powerhouse in the electronics world is searching for a talented, strategic VAT professional to lead a small team of analysts whilst managing numerous projects at once. This blue-chip group has experienced good growth over the past decade, especially within Western Europe and has numerous expansion plans.
This rare opening has a clear line of progression, reporting into the SVP EMEA Tax in a low turnover team. If successful, this position will set you on a clear path to a Group Head of role within a FTSE-100 equivalent.
- Take a lead role in providing VAT advice to Group on a global scale, working alongside other senior management to create a full advisory package
- Manage a small team of analysts who are responsible for the hands-on VAT compliance for Western Europe, monitoring their work and advising HR on opportunities for CPD
- Manage relations with HMRC and advisors, communicating the Group’s state and responsibilities in a clear manner to stakeholders
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for GST on finance projects, including Import/Export Duty
- You will be CTA/ACA qualified or trained within HMRC. Good academics are regarded highly by the group
- An expert in global VAT/GST regimes with a good working knowledge of Import/Export duties
- Experience of goods sector (Electronics, FMCG, pharma, manufacturing) would be highly beneficial
- The ability to challenge ideas and act in an entrepreneurial manner is essential
- No people management experience is required for the role and training will be provided in this area