Marks Sattin is working with a great SME client who is looking at recruiting a Tax Accountant to support the Financial Controller with Tax Compliance. Working in this great role, you will have the flexibility to mould the function and implement new processes and procedures as you see fit.
The client is now getting to a stage in its growth that they no longer have the capacity to meet the demand of their day to day role and this provides a perfect opportunity for a Tax specialist to join the team.
Within the role you will be responsible for:
* Ownership, review and production of corporation tax and deferred tax calculations and returns.
* Ownership of overseas tax, ensuring that requirements for compliance are understood by internal management
* Ownership of senior accounting officer compliance reviews
* Liaising with HMRC regarding visits, audits and submissions
* Ensure the Group tax policy is fit for purpose
* Take responsibility for all tax matters relating to company acquisitions, including reviewing due diligence prior to acquisition
There is real progression available in terms of growing a team as well as this being a superb position to help shape how tax is viewed by the business