We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Tax Compliance and Reporting is responsible for the coordination of all tax compliance activities of N26 in Germany, which includes the preparation and/or review of any direct and indirect tax returns in Germany and the liaison with external tax advisors. The Tax Controller will further be responsible for accurate and timely tax reporting for the N26 Bank GmbH (e.g. FATCA, CRS). The role will initially focus on Germany but can quickly grow to include tax compliance and reporting activities for the foreign branches and entities as well depending on the candidate’s profile.
Once here you will
● Coordinate all tax compliance relevant activities of N26 in Germany
● Collaborate with external tax advisors for the preparation of German tax returns
● Support in managing tax audits in Germany
● Be responsible for the filing of N26 Bank GmbH tax reports (e.g. for FATCA/CRS)
● Create and implement new tax compliance relevant processes, including automation
● Identify tax risks and develop solutions to aid decision-making
● Support in maintaining the group’s transfer pricing documentation
● Be the first contact for the Finance, Accounting and the People team
● Support in preparing the consolidated financial statements and cooperation with auditors as necessary.
What you will bring along
● Degree in Finance or Tax
● A view to sit and pass the German tax advisor exam in the next 2-3 years
● A minimum of 2 years of relevant job experience in the tax department of a financial service company or in a tax consulting / auditing firm
● Operational knowledge in the area of direct and indirect taxes.
● Excellent operational thinking, load-bearing capacity.
● Programming affinity and process-oriented thinking are a plus
● Fluent written and spoken German and English are a must, additional language knowledge is a plus.
What we offer
● High degree of autonomy
● Working with international, highly engaged peers
● Flat hierarchy and open communication
● Getting things done attitude
● Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
● A stack of the most modern technologies
● Travel in style with N26 You
● Personal Development Budget
● Subsidized transit pass
● Perks including German Classes, Dogs @ Work, Urban Sports Club and more
● Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application, and we’ll get back to you soon.