A world-leading global investment bank is looking for a temporary contract Tax Manager to join their Financial Management Group in London. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to focus on Advisory work within an in-house environment.
The successful candidate will be involved in advising business units on tax issues relating to new transactions and products. Specifically, responsibilities will include:
• Providing tax advice on internal operations and transactions;
• Providing tax input into all application sign off procedures;
• Looking over the tax aspects of all legal documentation (e.g. share purchase agreements, tax deeds, ISDA, GMSLA and GMRA);
• Monitoring changes in tax legislation, particularly relating to investment banking activities, and assessing the impact of these changes on the business;
• Advising on tax implications of corporate actions (e.g. restructuring, acquisitions, disposals and capital and profit repatriation);
• Liaising with tax compliance and tax reporting to ensure new products are captured in internal tax reporting and external tax returns;
• Liaising with Group Tax and Finance regionally and globally.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills/experience/attributes:
• A formal accounting qualification;
• Up to 5 years' PQE, coupled with strong Tax Advisory experience gained within a similar role;
• Ability to interact effectively with different levels of staff across the Financial Management Group and wider business;
• Commercially-minded, with excellent knowledge and experience of financial services taxation;
• A high degree of accuracy, with a process improvement focus;
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to work well in a team;
• Ability to work well under pressure.
If your profile suits the above description and you're looking for a 6-month contract role in a busy, world-leading team, it would be great to hear from you. Please send your CV directly via etax or contact Lucy Sweeney at Wilkinson Partners for more information!