Here at I.T.S we have been assigned by a Big 4 firm provider to assist their Financial Services tax practice with the continued expansion of their US Tax compliance/consulting team. The group continues to experience growth due to strong client demand from European asset managers who have US investors or US activity.
The team now consisting of close to 60 US tax professionals seeks a CPA or Enrolled Agent qualified US Tax Senior Manager who is highly dynamic, motivated, energetic and collaborative. You will need to specifically have alternative credit fund experience as they seek to build out a sub service line focused on this specialist fund class.
The role will primarily involve overseeing alternative credit fund US tax compliance and consulting engagements for clients with appropriate consideration of risk, operational, and tax technical issues. Researching US tax legislation and explaining the impact to clients will be required as part of contributing to tax advisory projects. You will be working in a dynamic environment and you will be expected to coach junior staff members (located in the UK and abroad) and share your knowledge and experience with the entire team. You will also be expected to coordinate multiple engagement teams’ schedules and deadlines.
• To qualify for the role you must have a current CPA, EA or equivalent qualification or Degree / Master’s degree in accounting or taxation (or equivalent).
• Experience advising clients on the US tax implications of various investment strategies, fund structures and relevant US tax elections (e.g., check-the-box, amortization of bond premium).
• Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative US tax analyses relevant to alternative credit funds, including market discount schedules, original issue discount (OID) schedules, bond premium calculations, straddles, debt/equity analysis, etc.
• Practical understanding of partnership allocations, including both private equity and hedge fund type structures.
• Extensive experience in reviewing partnership tax returns (Form 1065) and Schedules K-1.
• Experience in reviewing PFIC reporting, including computation of ordinary earnings and net capital gain and shareholder income allocations.
• In-depth knowledge of Go Systems tax preparation software or similar system.
We are very much interested in hearing from highly motivated individuals who are open to expanding their network, US and international tax experience, and pursuing a medium to long-term career in US tax in London.
Competitive salary + Benefits + relocation assistance + visa sponsorship for overseas nationals.