Our client a Top 10 Firm has a requirement for a Senior Manager/Manager for its London Office.
Private Client Tax Services
Many individuals seek help with their taxes whether it is due to lack of time, the complexity of the annual tax return process or to find tax efficient strategies. Whatever the reason, we can help individuals from all walks of life with all the tax issues they may face. We can deal with compliance obligations and reporting requirements while also offering high level planning advice on a domestic and international level.
Purpose of role:
To manage own portfolio of clients and working with senior staff on consultancy and advisory personal tax planning and offshore projects.
• Manage a portfolio of personal clients with complex tax affairs, focusing on owner-managers and entrepreneurs, HNWIs, non-UK domiciled individuals, and some trusts.
• Deliver excellent client service by maintaining client relationships
• Day to day responsibility for meeting both client and compliance deadlines, monitoring time limits and elections
• Liaise proactively with clients on advisory matters
• Assisting Partners in planning projects such as incorporations, sales of businesses, non-domicile issues, onshore and offshore trusts (and other structures) and, capital gains and inheritance tax issues
• Manage HMRC enquiries and dealing with HMRC correspondence of both compliance and advisory nature
• Contribute and be prepared to lead at client meetings
• Responsible for billing and monitoring budgets
• Review compliance and basic advisory work prepared by more junior members of staff
• Assist with managing junior member of staff including helping them with technical and personal development
• May present at technical training sessions
• Support business development activities of the team
• Actively promote PCTS to wider S&W departments and S&W to clients and prospects. To work with others across S&W to develop prospects and clients for the firm as a whole. Particularly within the entrepreneurs and scale up campaigns.
• Maintain technical knowledge
• Ensuring internal procedures are adhered to and responsible for some departmental administrative tasks
• Planning and Organising
Must be able to plan workload in order to prioritise work to meet conflicting deadlines and cope with pressure. Must be able to instruct others, delegate appropriately and control delegated work.
• Written and Oral communication
Good written communication skills are necessary to draft reports and correspondence with clients and HMRC to explain technical issues in an easily understandable manner. Must have good inter-personal skills to be able to liaise with clients and other staff members.
• Team work
Provide link in chain to supervise staff members below and support Partners above. To be a reference point for technical and other queries to motivate staff and liaise with Directors when difficulties arise.
• Technical Expertise
Maintain technical knowledge. Need to be able to understand issues, spot potential problems and provide solutions.
• Account Management
Maintain portfolio of clients and able to retain and develop relationship with existing clients. Responsible for preparing budgets on jobs, time chargeability and WIP and debtor management. To be commercially astute.
• Analytical Thinking
When presented with data, need to be able to provide workable solutions.
• Professionally Qualified (CTA)
• Experience gained within a professional services firm
• Sound knowledge of private tax, ideally with experience of advising owners of businesses, entrepreneurs, non-domiciled individuals and complex planning projects
• Significant compliance and advisory experience
• Demonstrable people management and organisational skills
• Demonstrable experience of dealing directly with clients
• To actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients