A fantastic graduate opportunity to join a well known and highly regarded business within the tax industry. Working with some amazing FTSE listed clients and owner managed businesses, this is a VAT Administrator position and offers excellent internal development and training in order to progress staff through their careers.
This business are market leaders in their field. They specialise in VAT recovery for a range of businesses. They are looking for a graduate to join them in a VAT administration role. They are an international firm with some of the best clients in the world. As far as graduate opportunities go, this is one not to be missed.
This is a very client facing role, you will have lots of autonomy and be for the following duties:
* Receive and collate invoices, monitoring for compliance in their issuance and arranging correction where appropriate
* Working with client data to ensure potential VAT is identified and recovered
* Undertake data entry using the company T&E (Travel and Expense) system
* Undertake checks of work performed by Assistant Account Managers on your accounts to ensure outgoing work is of the highest standard and quality
* Attending audits (invoice retrieval) worldwide for periods of up to one week at a time as required by the business
* Use crib sheets and other accepted tax guidelines to apply correct VAT recovery rates to invoices
* Calculate VAT percentages and values where not explicit
* Ensure internal and external deadlines are noted and met without exception
* Liaising with worldwide Tax Offices and various agents to manage enquiries and agree fees as required
* Drafting of formal letters and responses to external parties
* Work closely with the accounts team to support the billing process for your clients
* Provide support to clients at all levels and through all mediums in particular senior managers/decision makers/stakeholders
* Implement and maintain a customer service process
* Identify potential areas of growth within your accounts and their stakeholders
* Maintain detailed, current client information at all times
* Assist and provide cover on other tasks as required by the business
The ideal Candidate will be a graduate with a finance related qualification at 1:1 or 2:1
Based within a commutable distance of Westerham
Excellent communication skills
£20,000- £23,000 depending on experience
*This role does not provide ACA/ACCA or ATT study support.