Looking for a new challenge? Looking for breadth and depth of quality tax work in a commercial establishment? Looking to join a global insurance organisation with a top reputation in the market?
I am working on an interesting and broad Direct Tax Manager position based in the City of London. The ideal candidate will be joining their tax department which consists of three teams: direct tax, indirect tax and tax operations. The tax department manages the tax affairs of the corporation and provides support and assistance to the business on tax matters, including the filing of tax returns and payment of taxes. It also represents the interests of the organisation with UK and overseas tax authorities.
To deal with direct tax issues affecting the corporation, providing support to the direct tax team and the head of tax as needed...
* Preparation of tax computations and returns of tax returns in specific countries for review by a senior manager and / or the head of tax.
* Provide technical input to the corporation's and its subsidiaries tax computation.
* Lead direct tax direct tax technical analysis and input to queries and project.
* Provide technical support to tax operations and overseas offices and maintain accurate tax information.
* Deliver responsibilities in line with all the relevant risk appetites, policies and reporting requirements.
* Exposure to transfer pricing, ad-hoc work and act as a technical expert on direct tax matters for other departments.
* Interact with various stakeholders internally and externally across the business.
* Solid grounding in UK corporation tax compliance and reporting experience is essential.
* Knowledge of the insurance industry is a huge advantage.
* Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work independently with guidance only on complex issues.
* Confidence to challenge information provided and to use initiative especially in dealing with areas of ambiguity.
* Consultative approach and the ability to manage conflicting views.
* ACA or CTA qualified.
If you are interested and meet the required skill set - please contact Simon Riva
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.