Vacancy for a motivated tax professional to join a dynamic, emerging North London firm on a part time basis.
Your new company
A multi-disciplinary consulting firm that offers end-to-end solutions for private individuals and fast growth businesses. The firm's portfolio of services have the breadth and depth which give our clients the services that they need to succeed. Based in North London, the firm is well located for transport links across the Northern and Jubilee lines, and will offer the successful candidate a dynamic and varied portfolio tailor made to their unique skill-set.
Your new role
* Oversee the completion of personal tax returns for the portfolio allocated to you, on a timely basis within the procedures set, to ensure that they are completed efficiently. Managing a tax assistant and outsourcing team
* Attend face to face meetings with clients and in certain cases to lead those meetings
* Assist with new prospect phone calls, answering general tax queries and introducing our services.
* Produce written tax advisory reports, to include bespoke tax computations covering inheritance tax, capital gains tax, income tax and corporation tax.
* You will also be required to liaise with other departments within H M Revenue & Customs, Internal Revenue Service and third parties.
* Remind the client of their liabilities on a periodic basis.
* You will be in regular liaison as to progress on your allocation of Tax Returns and other tasks that you are working on.
* Lead technical tax update webinars and seminars
* Assist in technical tax blogs and newsletters
* Continually improve and add innovation to our services around Portal and technology
What you'll need to succeed
* A Levels (x3) at grade A-C, or equivalent.
* GCSEs (x5) including English and Maths at grade A-C, or equivalent.
* ATT/CTA qualified with 5 years plus experience
* Must have written tax advisory experience
* Excellent MS Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
* Ability to interact professionally with clients, able to prioritise workload and be self-sufficient.
* A team player is required as the role entails active participation in the tax team, in addition to being able to work on their own with limited guidance
What you'll get in return
You will have the opportunity to join an expanding new firm in North London. Due to explosive growth, you will play a significant part in the firm's success story, looking after its growing UK Compliance and Advisory Practice. The opportunities for personal and professional growth are demonstrable, with the role offering a tailor-made approach that will compliment the unique skill-set of the successful candidate.