A leading, international law firm have an opportunity for an Expatriate Tax Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
The Expatriate Tax Manager will be a key part of the Global Mobility Team and will be responsible for advising on tax matters relating to international assignments and transfers and short term business travellers. The Expatriate Tax Manager will also be responsible for tax and social security compliance relating to international assignments and transfers and short term business travellers.
* Work closely and collaboratively with Global Mobility colleagues to propose solutions to the firm's mobility needs which are tax efficient but also in line with the firm's global mobility policies and transfer pricing rules
* Work in collaboration with the firm's global finance team and external providers to advise on international tax or social security matters generated by international assignees and Global HR teams
* Act as primary contact to the firm's international assignee population on tax and social security matters
* Liaise with global payroll teams on compensation delivery for international assignees and actions required for tax withholding and social security contributions or exemption
* Support and advise the firm's working group in implementing a business traveller solution focusing primarily on the individual tax and social security aspects
* Work with the firm's global finance team and external providers to provide initial advice on tax and social security obligations and challenges for new office locations
* CTA qualified or equivalent professional qualifications
* UK tax and social security knowledge
* Ability to communicate complex tax issues both orally and in writing and to translate this into effective and pragmatic advice to the firm and employees
* Experience working in-house advising senior members of the business would be an advantage
* Experience of both project and change management, with the ability to gain buy-in from stakeholders
* Strong project management skills and IT skills (MS Excel)