FTSE 250 Plc operating in 33 countries globally requires a Senior Employment Tax Manager
Your new company
Your new company is a professional services business listed in London within the FTSE250 with a market cap of around £2.2 billion. The group is a market leader in the UK, Germany and Australia and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe, Asia and Latin America operating across the private and public sectors employing more than 11,000 staff operating in 33 countries globally.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the Group Head of Tax, the role will be responsible for implementing key employment tax projects and initiatives and supporting the Head of Tax in delivering the overall objectives of the tax team. The role will drive partnering with the wider business and overseas markets to ensure that tax is at the table for key commercial discussions and that the business is well supported on tax issues. Given the importance of employment related issues such as IR35 to the business, this role will be highly commercial, supporting the business on developing our commercial offerings. Therefore, the commercial impact of this role will go far beyond managing the internal employment taxes.
Key responsibilities include:
* Accountable for all group wide employment taxes
* Closely partner with the business on commercial initiatives, ensuring that employment taxes are factored in to commercial decision making and that business initiatives are well supported from a tax perspective
* Build links with and support international markets
* Run key projects to deliver the objectives of the tax team
* Maintain and develop the group's relationship with HMRC and other key tax authorities
* Support the business on restructuring or M&A activity
* Global Process Owner for employment tax processes globally - driving process improvements and reducing risk
* Understanding key employment tax changes and the impact on the group
What you'll need to succeed
ACA and or CTA qualified with strong employment tax expertise and experience of working in an in-house tax team for a large multinational or advising such businesses in a large accounting firm.
This is a high-profile role within the business, reporting directly to the Group Head of Tax. To be successful you must be able to communicate effectively across the business with non-tax people.
What you'll get in return
You will receive an excellent overall compensation package including a generous base salary, car allowance and bonus in addition to excellent pension contribution and a range of flexible benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.