A leading commodities business is seeking a VAT Manager to join their highly prestigious, growing tax team. This is an all encompassing position that will require a true business partner, someone highly proactive and up-to-date on all current and future VAT legislation.
Reporting into the Head of VAT, you will be working alongside a VAT accountant to ensure all returns are submitted in a timely and accurate manner. This role requires someone with a very broad and technical skillset, highly competent on advising across VAT.
- Ownership of VAT for the group across all indirect tax matters
- Leadership of VAT compliance, ensuring comps are reviewed and submitted in a timely manner
- Business partnering on all VAT matters, answering group queries and offering input on financial projects
- Educate group on VAT issues in an understandable manner
- Offer advice on the implications of VAT legislation
- Identify opportunities for improvements within the VAT systems
- Proven VAT experience within a Big 4 or Financial Services environment preferably
- An accountancy or tax qualification would be beneficial
- Experienced in both VAT compliance and VAT advisory
- Confident in communicating VAT matters to non-tax personnel
- A strong, proactive nature