Investment organisation looking to recruit an International Tax Adviser - based in Central London.
Your new role
I'm currently working with an investment organisation that has recently expanded into a number of new territories. This expansion has facilitated the need to recruit an International Tax Adviser to sit within the group tax function base in Central London.
The Tax function sits within the groups Legal, Tax and Corporate Secretarial team. Whilst the successful candidate will report into the Head of Tax, he or she will, necessarily, work closely with group finance, legal and investment teams.
The Role Reporting to the Head of Tax, an opportunity has arisen to appoint an International Tax Adviser to assist with the management of the groups wider operational tax affairs; this will include identifying tax risks and sound planning opportunities; to ensure compliance with local regulations; to support the group as it starts to develop new business opportunities and implements new investment products; and to help develop the groups strategy and policies on tax.
Responsibilities Tax Operations and Compliance:
* Act as a tax business partner on UK and international tax issues including providing advice on the groups international growth strategy and to plan and manage direct tax exposures in relation to permanent establishment risk and transfer pricing;
* Monitor and evaluate key tax risks for the business and develop appropriate risk management controls and processes to achieve governance, compliance and control;
* Develop and manage relationships with key personnel within the business and ensure they understand the strategy and to guide behaviour within controls framework;
* Oversight and management of UK and international direct and indirect tax compliance and reporting obligations;
* Raise awareness of tax issues and effectively communicate these issues to the business;
* Liaising with governments, government departments and tax authorities (in the UK and in target countries) on specific transactions and on the groups general tax position;
* Provide internal tax advisory services and support on day to day business operation matters to the Group;
* Support the Head of Tax with ad hoc projects, including transaction support from time to time.
What you'll need to succeed
* A qualified accountant or chartered taxation adviser with 3 - 5 years' post-qualification experience in an international tax practice at a major accountancy or tax advisory firm;
* Proven ability to communicate complex taxation concepts for non-tax professionals so that investment executives can easily digest and make effective decisions;
* Ability to assess risks and make well-reasoned, independent and transparent decisions;
* Ability to influence and provide consultation to a wide composition of stakeholders;
* A self-starter - able to work independently with a willingness to "muck in" and get involved in all areas of the business where required;
* An effective team player with strong communication, organisational and interpersonal skills;
* International tax experience is essential. UK tax experience is preferable but not essential.