This market leading Global Commercial Bank have a newly created role for a Tax Manager to join their City of London branch reporting directly into the Head of Tax focusing on the delivery and maintenance of the UK branches tax obligations.
The candidate will be CTA qualified and have 5 years' experience working within a Bank or Financial Organisation and be familiar with areas of UK taxation relevant to a UK branch of an EEA or Foreign Bank, including Transfer pricing methodologies and the relevant areas of UK/EU Tax law.
The role holder will need to demonstrate excellent technical knowledge, stakeholder management and communication skills. German language skills are very desirable, but not essential.
* Tax Compliance (Corporation Tax, V.A.T and PSA Employment Tax
* Build a strong relationship with the HMRC CRM, dealing with enquiries on a timely manner, having regular exchanges of information and controlling and answering auditors requests.
* Assist in the management of external professional advisors and keep costs within budget.
* Production of annual Tax returns and confirmation of correct handling for instruments in line with accounting HGB / IFR-9.
* Provide initial advice on new products and interpretation of Tax impacts.
* Participation in the Deferred Tax in relation to Tax Balance sheet.
* Calculation of income tax provisions
* Calculation of C.A.T.A.
* Provide advice and technical guidance to the Business, Operations and Accounting teams in various lines of business and jurisdictions.
* Maintain a watching brief on changes in UK Tax law with reference to existing products and divergence with E.U law
* Review and maintain existing procedures and draft new procedures as required.
* Ensure best practice across wholesale banking lines of business
* Perform VAT compliance activities and drive MTD implementation.
* Review new products and new business initiatives.
* Analysis of and creation of robust transfer pricing arrangements and documentation with annual reviews.
* Assist with existing Tax Compliance checks and M.A.P claims.
* Maintain and update Local file.
* Project management in regards to TFP, HMRC Inquiries and implementation of Making Tax Digital
* Build strong internal relationships with and knowledge of Tax department Frankfurt and Business areas.
* Providing support to the Tax Department Frankfurt in transfer pricing related projects.
* Tax Reporting to Tax Department Frankfurt