Global Insurance Broker in the heart of the city now looking to recruit a Tax Accountant.
Your new role
The Tax Department currently consists of a team of three Managers, one of whom focuses on Indirect Tax, the others focusing on Corporate, International and Employment taxes.
Due to a recent promotion there is now the need to recruit a Tax Accountant to the team who would be able to support the tax managers, but who would also be given early opportunities to take responsibility for specific areas of tax.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
The role of the Tax Accountant will be varied; encompassing Corporate, International, Indirect and Employment Tax work, and requires a flexible approach. More specifically, the role will encompass but not be limited to assisting with the following:
* Preparation and timely submission of UK corporate returns
* Preparation of Payment on Account calculations
* Updating Group Payment Arrangements as required
* Preparation of responses to queries from HMRC
* Preparation of tax notes for statutory accounts of UK companies under FRS102
* Preparation of current and deferred tax calculations for year end and interim reporting under FRS102 for UK and overseas companies
* Assistance with transfer pricing issues, anti-hybrid rules and corporate loss restriction
* Preparation of US book/tax differences as they relate to UK and overseas companies, as required for US tax returns
* Assistance with partnership tax issues
* Preparation of P11ds and PSA
* Assist with various other employment tax issues such as Short-term business visitors, overseas secondments and termination payments
* Preparation and timely submission of VAT returns
* Advising the business on UK and international insurance tax queries
* Respond to VAT questions from the business
* Assisting the business with compliance for FATCA
* Working with the Compliance and Risk Team on various indirect tax issues as and when required
* Ensuring overseas payments are received without withholding tax and requesting tax residency certificates from HMRC as required
* Other project work that may from time to time be required
What you'll need to succeed
Qualifications and Experience
You are likely to be newly qualified up to 1 year PQE although we are prepared to look at other candidates less qualified but with the right attitude. Previous experience in a financial services business is not necessary.
You may be currently working in practice or in industry. Knowledge of One Source corporation tax software would be helpful but is not essential. Although helpful to have, the person will not be expected to have current knowledge of all the areas set out above and full training will be given where required. Working as part of a small team, we are seeking a flexible, 'can do' approach to the different types of work that this role will encompass.
The role offers enormous potential to the right candidate to have immediate exposure to a wide range of tax work and to be involved in both compliance and planning work. The approach you have and your willingness to be involved is more essential than your experience to date.