Michael Page are pleased to be partnering exclusively with an Accountancy Practice based in Southampton who are currently recruiting for an Accounts Manager. This is a very autonomous role with high levels of responsibility both in terms of team management and client facing matters.
My client are a small practice based in Southampton who have a very prestigious background of delivering high levels of service to their clients. They have an interesting client base with great long-term prospects for the right candidate with good practice experience and leadership skills.
This Accounts Manager role would involve:
* Planning and managing accounts preparation
* Planning and executing project work alongside Partner for larger / key clients.
* Ensuring tax compliance and planning, identifying potential tax issues and opportunities
* Providing added value services
* Supervision and training of staff
* Business development activities and partner's assistant work
* Being part of the practice management team
* Maintaining service offering through corporate objectives and compliance with internal quality controls procedures.
The successful candidate for this Accounts Manager role will:
* Have experience managing an accounts department
* Budget, supervise and review staff responsible for completing client bookkeeping including management accounts, VAT returns, CIS returns and payroll.
* Budget, supervise and review staff preparing statutory compliant accounts using various software.
* Deal with routine personal and corporation tax matters and identify tax planning opportunities
* See added value opportunities for existing and and prospective clients in order to service them better
* Assist the Partner with consultancy and other non-routine projects as required
* Supervise and train staff whilst they study for professional examinations.
The ideal candidate will already have:
* An appreciation of the issues facing small and growing businesses
* Supervision and oversight skills
* Good excel and written skills
* Experience with a range of accounting systems
* Hold an accounting qualification, ACA or ACCA.
On offer for the right candidate is a very competitive salary as well as a flexible working environment and the chance to work autonomously.
If this is of interest, please get in contact with Jack Hughes directly to discuss this as well as other opportunities.