This cutting edge energy organisation has a fifty year history, and unique ownership structure. With a global head office in Buckinghamshire and operational sites in the US, Europe, it delivers energy solutions to extremely high profile companies and governments all over the world. With a remarkable profit record, this business has a fully engaged Group Tax team and an open door culture.
As Tax Manager in a global team of 20, your principle responsibility will be to lead the annual UK corporate tax compliance cycle for a handful of complex entities and support with the half and full year tax reporting processes for the entire Group. The final key element of this position will be to support on a wide variety of tax projects involving R&D, transfer pricing and planning initiatives.
Key duties include:
• Preparation of UK corporation tax returns (trading, holding and financing companies), from source to completion (including supporting memos, claims and elections, tax proof, etc.)
• Allocate aspects of the compliance cycle to the Group Tax Analyst providing coaching as required
• Liaise with local site finance teams to provide corporation tax support when required.
• Prepare UK quarterly instalment payment calculations for review by the Deputy Head of Group Tax.
• Support the preparation and review of tax calculations and forecasts, both UK and overseas, for inclusion in the Groups business plan and budgeting processes.
• Assisting with the management of HMRC tax enquires.
• Prepare tax analyses and disclosures for the Group’s externally reported interim and full-year results under IFRS, and for the standalone accounts of the Group’s UK subsidiaries under FRS101.
• Support the preparation and review of tax calculations and forecasts, both UK and overseas
• Prepare technical papers to support key tax positions taken – such as recognition of deferred tax assets, methodology for assessing valuation allowances, tax recognition for certain Group transactions, uncertain tax position papers etc.
• Reviewing and managing the Group’s UK VAT compliance filings.
• Provide support and / or manage tax projects including Research and Development tax incentive claims, capital allowance analyses, etc.
• Peer review of the work of the Employment and Expatriate Tax Manager and International Tax Managers.
• Superb holiday allowance and work life balance
• Excellent double digit defined contribution pension scheme
• Discretionary double digit bonus
• Gym membership
• Sports facilities on campus style site
• Subsidised restaurant
• Free parking
• ACA/CTA qualified or equivalent
• UK CT compliance experience
• Proven UK tax training, Big 4 or Top 10 firm
• Able to explain complex tax matters in plain language
For a confidential discussion please contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partners