This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a broad tax background to gain further experience in a newly created role in an exciting FTSE 250 business.
This role has management and control of group tax procedures and compliance, and requires excellent tax technical ability, project management skills and a robust "can do" attitude. The role will suit someone either from a Big 4 or leading Mid-Tier accounting firm making their first move 'in-house' or someone joining from an in-house tax team within a large business to progress their career.
The role reports directly into the Group Head of Tax.
Responsibilities will include:
Ensuring compliance with local and international tax laws.
• Preparation and submission of corporation tax returns and other returns required by HMRC
• Managing the group payment arrangements
• Preparation and submission of all relevant claims and elections
• Country by country reporting
• Preparation of the SAO
• Management of tax on foreign exchange within the UK
• Dealing with HMRC in all matters such as risk assessment, correspondence and enquires as required
• Monitoring and managing CIR and CFC risks
• Liaison with external consultants on such matters and R&D and patent box.
• Preparation of tax forecasts and budgets
• Preparation of UK tax estimates for inclusion in the group consolidation
• Review/liaison with overseas operations for inclusion of overseas tax estimates in the group consolidation
• Preparation of tax estimates for central consolidation companies
• Liaison with management and auditors
• Providing tax disclosures for the group accounts
• Preparation of the tax audit committee paper
• Preparation of the uncertain tax provisions and supporting documents
UK Entity Statutory Reporting
• Preparation of tax disclosures for statutory accounts
International Tax Issues
• Liaison and monitoring of overseas operations in terms of local tax compliance
• Transfer pricing arrangements
• Obtaining any necessary treaty clearances as required
• Liaison with management and external advisors in the fields of international and local tax planning
• Formulation and refinement of local and international tax strategies
• Considering, with the assistance of external advisors, acquisitions, disposals and restructuring as and when required
• Develop tax reporting processes and controls within the tax and wider finance function
• Ad-hoc support and advice to finance department colleagues including modelling any potential tax exposures and partnering effectively on projects
• Ad hoc support VAT advice around the business.
• Ad hoc support with employment tax and expatriate tax issues.
• Formulating and documenting any new tax processes relating to the changing tax environment including Making Tax Digital
• Tax advice on proposals and contract reviews, including technical research and liaison with other departments / divisions as appropriate
The Successful Applicant
• Relevant tax experience in Big 4/leading Mid-Tier and / or large corporate; solid relevant and current tax experience
• In depth technical knowledge and experience of Corporation Tax
• Good awareness of all other taxes
• ACA / ACCA and / or CTA qualified
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
• Self-starter and ability to constructively challenge
• Experience with corporate tax accounting necessary
• Great project management skills
• Good IT skills (word, excel, financial systems e.g. SAP)
What's on Offer