Trust Assistant required by Warwickshire Law Firm
Your new company
A leading regional Law Firm based in the Midlands is looking to recruit a Trust Assistant to join their Private Wealth department. This Firm work with a range of clients, across a diverse range of sectors in the UK, offering strategic legal advice. You would be joining their established Private Wealth department supporting their clients on capital gains and administering of trusts.
Your new role
As the Trust Assistant you will be very much involved in supporting this Law Firm's clients around their income tax and capital gains, along with administering of trusts and providing trustee services for employee benefit trusts.
Key duties in this role:
* Income tax and capital gains for individuals and estates (period of administration)
* Administration of Trusts (excluding investments)
* Preparing trust accounts, completing tax returns
* Calculating and paying income tax and capital gains tax, completing IHT forms and calculating tax where necessary
* Preparation of Charity accounts and annual returns
* Maintaining capital gains records for trust and investment clients
* Dealing withDeputyship andAttorneyship cases.
* Compliance required by the Office of the Public Guardian including preparation of Deputyship Reports, dealing with financial affairs of Patients, liaising with Patients and support workers
* Administration of trustee companies providing trustee services for Employee Benefit Trusts.
* Preparation of VAT Returns
* Companies House/HMRC Compliance, submitting accounts, annual returns
* Calculating loan interest
* Preparing trust accounts and submitting tax returns if required
What you'll need to succeed
The successful Trust Assistant will be experienced in tax, with excellent communication skills to liaise effectively with clients and internal teams. You will be joining a proactive team that thrives on delivering a high standard of service to all its clients. Your motivation, flexibility and ability to self-manage will work well within this team.
What you'll get in return
As the Trust Assistant you will be joining a highly professional Law Firm who offer excellent salary and benefits, and continued support to its employees to ensure career progression. This Firm will consider this role on a 4 or 5 day a week basis.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.