Customs and Excise Manager role for a company based in Manchester paying £40,000 + Bonus and benefits
Your new company
Our company is based in Manchester and due to growth is seeking a Customs and Excise Manager.
Your new role
Reporting to the General Manager for financial accounting and taxation this job will focus on ensuring the compliance within the taxation requirements surrounding customs and excise regulations and managing the relationship with HMRC officers in addition to other stakeholders.
* Act as the point of contact with HMRC for customs and excise
* Support the "no brexit deal team" as a key member
* Maintain and develop the tax risk registers
* Responsible for maintaining knowledge of customs and excise regulations and how it would impact the business
* Create and submit the monthly excise return
* Ensure compliances with AWRS regulations
* Attend the outcomes of bond audits and assist with training needs specifically around customs and excise compliance
* Support business units regarding queries on how to deal with situations to ensure compliance with HMRC
* Manage the internal process surrounding IPR on behalf of customers
* Assist in collation of IPR disposals for IPR to HMRC
* Assist in the preparation of the monthly intrastat, which provides statistical information on movements between the UK and other EC members
What you'll need to succeed
You will have in depth knowledge and experience of customs and excise and knowledge of VAT would be advantageous. You will possess strong communication skills both written and verbal and be able to work to tight deadlines.
What you'll get in return
You will get a suite of corporate of benefits along with a salary of £40,000 plus bonus
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.