Our client is looking for a Tax Manager to join their established team who will look after a host of different areas, including corporate tax repsonsibilities, property tax queries, liaising with HMRC, and ad hoc projects and advisory pieces. The role will require someone with strong communication skills as you'll regularly be networking around the business. The business offers a flexible approach to work as there will be a requirement for a small amount of travel within the UK.
* Assess areas that may have a tax impact on operational assets.
* Monitor tax legislative changes that may impact the Group and advise and plan accordingly.
* Manage and review the preparation of detailed corporation tax computations.
* Manage capital allowance claims, disclaimers, group relief and all other necessary elections within the prescribed time limits.
* Manage the preparation of comprehensive year end reporting instructions in relation to assets.
* Manage long-term tax forecasting of capital allowances for inclusion in the Corporate Plan, including all deferred tax implications.
* Provide clarity over tax rules by maintaining training and reference materials and delivering advice and training as necessary.
* Provide an in house advisory service on capital allowances.
* The role will involve negotiation with HMRC and advisors to resolve complex issues and disputes.
* Qualified accountant or tax professional (or equivalent experience).
* Corporate tax background.
* Property tax, capital allowances knowledge or experience.
* Strong communication skills.