One of our clients, a prestigious law firm, is looking to hire Tax Advisor to join their London based team. The successful candidate will support and advise the Senior International Tax Manager, Partners and Fee Earners with VAT and Withholding Tax matters related to client invoicing and ensuring the Firms’ adherence to the Corporate Criminal Offence legislation.
The role will have a strong focus in the areas of VAT and Withholding Tax compliance globally.
- Advising fee earners and Revenue Control teams on VAT and Withholding Tax issues related to client invoicing. Requesting tax residency certificates from HM Revenue & Customs to reduce the exposure of the business to withholding taxes.
- UK VAT Compliance (e.g. review of UK Group VAT return, EC Sales List Reporting, Intrastat) and projects. Advisory support on VAT/Sales Tax Compliance requirements to overseas offices.
- Preparation of the India tax filings for the Firm. Assist with managing day to day tax compliance.
- Assist with reviewing the Firms’ taxable presence risk in countries where it does not have an office. Working with various stakeholders in the business to manage the risk.
- Research and advice on tax related projects to support business initiatives. Examples of projects include: taxable presence in countries where the Firm does not have an office; tackling tax evasion in relation to a new corporate offence of failure to prevent the criminal facilitation of tax evasion; Making Tax Digital from a VAT perspective.
- Prepare and deliver training to the business in areas of VAT, withholding taxes and other business initiatives.
- Provide training and support to junior team members.
What makes a successful candidate?
- Degree Qualified
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA) or Tax Advisor (CTA, ATT)
- Knowledge of SAP desirable
- Experience and knowledge of either VAT and/or Withholding Tax.