London VAT Jobs, VAT Jobs, Top 20 Tax Jobs, Tax Jobs, VAT Jobs
Your new company
Based in the City of London, this expanding Top 20 accounting firm is looking for an experienced Tax Professional to join them as a VAT Consultant.
Your new role
As an Indirect Tax Specialist, you will be tasked with supporting the Indirect Tax Partner and other teams across the business with tax consultancy and compliance assignments
Taking on this advisory role, you will provide outstanding service to clients and develop relationships with internal stakeholders and existing clients.
Your general duties will include:
* Preparing VAT registration applications
* Helping with the submission of complex VAT returns
* Researching VAT matters under the guidance of the Indirect Tax Partner
* Liaising with both clients and HMRC
* Monitoring deadlines and informing clients of their obligations as they relate to tax and VAT
What you'll need to succeed
* Prior VAT experience gained within a professional or HMRC environment
* A good understanding of basic VAT principles and awareness of information sources is essential.
* Excellent communication skills
* A strong interest in taking your career forward in Indirect Tax and as a consultant
* Experience of using Microsoft Word and Excel to a good level
What you'll get in return
* Competitive salary
* 28 days' holiday (including bank holidays)
* Discretionary Christmas shutdown not counted as part of holiday entitlement
* The ability to 'purchase' extra days leave in salary sacrifice
* Private medical insurance at discounted rates
* Private dental cover at discounted rates
* Subsidised corporate gym membership
* Life assurance (4x salary)
* Season ticket loan (for travel)
* Childcare voucher scheme
* Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.