Wilkinson Partners are currently working with a market-leading, entrepreneurial law firm which operates in both London and New York, who are looking for a 3-6 PQE Private Wealth associate to join their firm. They offer a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals, specifically in corporate; dispute resolution; employment; family; private client; and real estate. The Tax and Wealth Planning group comprises 4 Partners and 8 qualified fee-earners. The group works with a diverse range of institutions, companies and high net-worth individuals managing and protecting their assets in the most tax-efficient manner.
The role will focus on supporting a wide range of UK and international clients, trustees and charities with exposure to cross-border estate and trust planning, probate and philanthropy matters. This role will require a focus on providing tax, succession and estate planning advice with an international element and the co-ordination of advice in several different jurisdictions..
Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate will be 3-6 PQE in private wealth and specialise in in personal tax trusts and international and domestic wealth planning. You will have knowledge of both onshore and offshore tax and have comprehensive understanding of the law surrounding trusts and asset structuring in the UK and internationally.
• An interest in and a good understanding of philanthropy and charitable structures and current issues and developments in philanthropy is highly desirable, including:
- Incorporating, structuring and mergers of charitable and non-charitable entities;
- Regulatory issues and Charity Commission rules and guidance;
- International charitable structures and regimes;
- Campaigning and political activity;
- Social finance and impact investing.
• Strong technical knowledge in tax and wealth planning with competent drafting skills.
• Ideally, the candidate will currently be working in a large or medium sized commercial law firm in London.
• Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) is desirable.
To hear about this opportunity further - please apply below.