This is a rare opportunity to take control of all tax matters for a small but quickly growing technology group based in Reading. As the first person in the tax function, you will lay the framework and processes for a variety of taxes and will have to be comfortable turning your hand to all manners of taxation, regardless of your current specialisation.
The company is experiencing double digit growth, and up till now has been utilising an outsourced finance function. They are pioneering a new piece of technology to assist HR functions both in the UK and internationally, offering broad exposure and lots of opportunity.
- Manage corporation tax compliance and reporting (CT will likely be your current specialisation)
- Work closely with other functions currently being brought on-board, including payroll and legal, as well as more operational functions to advice on tax implications for company activities
- Assist with VAT compliance, as currently compiled by the accounts team. Liaise with tax authorities and current advisors to ensure minimal tax leakage
- Assist on an ad hoc basis on personal tax issues
- Participate in domestic and international finance projects, offering insight from a tax perspective
You will likely be:
- ACA/ACCA and/or CTA qualified, likely with a CT specialisation
- Good technical knowledge of current UK tax legislation – a coverage of VAT and/or personal taxes would also be beneficial
- Dynamic interpersonal skills, this is not a role for a wallflower
- Self-motivated and happy to occasionally take the lead on projects
For more details email james.young