Operational VAT position working with a listed medical devices multinational.
The group currently undertaking a significant transformation project of their Finance function, and are seeking an experienced VAT Manager to help support and manage this process with the tax leadership team. Working closely with local finance teams and a major outsource provider, this is a role with significant EMEA responsibility, working closely with Tax and Finance leaders across the group.
* Support the VAT compliance outsourcing project by leading the transition phase(s) for each deployed country.
* Post go-live, ensure compliance deadlines are being met by providing support to the overall process as necessary.
* Conduct risk and control analysis for indirect tax processes and identify areas where controls can be enhanced.
* Advise the business on technical VAT issues and transactions.
* Assist in developing ideas, providing input and analysis to various VAT savings and mitigation initiatives that support the wider commercial purpose of the group.
* Training staff in service centers on the VAT compliance process and serving as the point of contact for questions.
* Provide ad hoc support to other Tax team members where required.
* Strong stakeholder management skills.
* Prior experience with SAP is highly advantageous.
* Previous centralisation/outsourcing experience is valuable.
* Knowledge of wider European VAT is essential.
* Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion