This listed international group has operations across multiple countries and delivers niche products to customers throughout the UK and Europe with a group turnover of circa £3 billion.
As Group Tax Manager you will manage the Group’s tax affairs working with the business and external advisors to ensure compliance with tax legislation and develop and implement planning opportunities to maximise the Group’s tax position. The role has one direct report, UK Tax Accountant, and you will report directly to the Group Financial Controller.
• Oversee the management of the Group’s Tax function and establish a clear tax policy aligned to the group’s overall vision
• Ensure procedures/controls are kept up to date
• Oversee the Group’s tax reporting process
• Organising deliverables to the Group audit committee and external auditors – for full year and interims
• Manage relationships with tax authorities and external tax advisors
• Manage the preparation and submission of UK Tax returns for all companies (direct and indirect taxes)
• Review year-end tax provisions and tax disclosures for the statutory accounts
• Co-ordinate implementation for any tax planning or restructuring activities
• Provide tax advice to Board and all functions across the group to support business decisions and ensure that tax plays an appropriate role in the decision-making process
• Co-ordinate the implementation for any tax planning or restructuring activities and undertake and offer support for the M&A team in relation to due diligence and integrations activities.
• CTA qualified or equivalent
• Experience working in a direct corporate tax environment with exposure to other taxes (personal tax and Indirect tax)
• You will be confident and able to offer opinions and be prepared to be challenged on them
• Discretionary bonus
• Fantastic commercial exposure
• Broad international exposure
For a confidential discussion contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partners.