Advise this instantly recognisable UK high-street staple.
Our client is a UK focused retailer with over 800 locations nationally. Ongoing business demand, as well as external factors like Brexit, have necessitated an additional resource with specialist VAT advisory skills, supporting a the groups wider tax and finance functions. Reporting directly into the Financial Controller, there will be significant exposure to senior business stakeholders. This is an excellent first step in-house for a qualified VAT Manager with experience advising UK businesses, though candidates from industry will be equally considered.
* Advise business units on VAT issues, ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately for all commercial and corporate operations.
* Assist in identifying opportunities for increasing the group's VAT recovery.
* Conduct risk and control analysis for indirect tax processes and identify areas where controls can be enhanced.
* Contribute ideas to the VAT/Indirect Tax strategy of the wider group.
* Support internal and external audits.
* Act as a point of contact for tax authorities, dealing with queries.
* Provide ad hoc support to other tax team members where required.
* Strong stakeholder management skills.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
* CTA/ACA qualification preferred, but not essential.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion