Change Accountancy and Finance are working with a high profile Financial Services client in the centre of Edinburgh to recruit a Senior Tax Manager to their team. Due to recent expansions within the business the individual will be responsible for all EMEA tax affairs of various entities setting out the strategic development for UK and Group companies. A mixture of duties covering both advisory and compliance as well as responsibility for all the tax aspects of various assigned corporate work and discrete projects. The role will also have line responsibility for other members within the team. Core responsibilities of the role will include;
- Manage the corporate tax position for a number of group entities
- Responsible for Tax Provisioning, compliance and providing advisory services to the wider accounting group
- Key stakeholder in tax legislative developments and their impact to the business; transfer pricing, Brexit impact etc
- Provide tax involvement in company-wide projects and initiatives
- Identification of tax risks, tax legislative changes, opportunities to implement tax efficiencies
- Assist in managing transfer pricing compliance
- Provide tax accounting support to the various teams and the preparation of regional tax summary information and reports
- Management responsibility for a small experienced team
Applicants for this role must be able to demonstrate delivering Tax advisory and compliance work in their current post and be currently leading or have a supervisory role in their team with a willingness to take the next step. As a high profile post candidates will be leading on a number of tax issues and deputising for the Tax Director where necessary.
You will be a qualified accountant and/or Chartered Tax Adviser with practical experience of UK and international corporate tax, with an excellent understanding of corporate taxation law. Good organisational skills, high attention to detail and well developed analysis skills. The ability to manage multiple activities and tasks and react effectively to a changing and challenging business structure/environment. Applicants from both a Financial Services, Public Practice and Commerce background will be considered for this role.
In return the successful applicant will get the opportunity to join a leading financial services organisation and take a key, hands on role, in the development of their Tax strategy.
Salary: £50,000 - £70,000 + Plus excellent benefits and OTE Bonus